NucleoSpin Tissue Protocol
This basic method provides the core methodology for translating a workflow into OneLab-executable script(s) as an attempt to fully or semi-automate a specific procedure. It demonstrates the benefits of automation and highlights OneLab capabilities and best practices to promote solution adoption, helping transition from manual to a more automated approach. It can be used alone or serves as a building block for a more complex workflow and is easily adaptable to users' requirements.
NucleoSpin Tissue - The Most Versatile MACHEREY-NAGEL Kit
NucleoSpin Tissue is designed for DNA isolation from a wide variety of sample materials, covering tissues, cells, yeast, bacteria as well as clinical and forensic samples. More than 16 support protocols are available, optimized for your demands.
Isolation of genomic plays a pivotal role in a large variety of molecular tests that have become standard methods in research and diagnostics laboratories, such as real-time PCR or next-generation sequencing.
The following features make NucleoSpin Tissue the most versatile kit:
- High DNA recovery and purity,
- Reliable DNA purification for reproducible results,
- More than 16 optimized support protocols available,
- Suitable for a huge variety of starting materials.
NucleoSpin Tissue Procedure
In the first step, DNA is released through incubation with Proteinase K and SDS. The addition of a binding buffer that contains chaotropic salts in high quantities allows DNA to bind to the NucleoSpin Tissue columns. Once the genomic DNA is bound to the silica membrane, the DNA is washed with optimized buffers to remove contaminants like proteins or lipopolysaccharides to increase purity. Purified genomic DNA is eluted under low ionic strength conditions in a slightly alkaline elution buffer.
DNA purified using NucleoSpin Tissue can be used in a wide range of downstream applications, including PCR and qPCR, Sequencing, or any kind of enzymatic reaction.
Figure 1: NucleoSpin Tissue procedure. DNA is bound to the silica membrane in the presence of chaotropic salts. Contaminants are washed away while DNA is retained at the silica membrane. Elution with a low salt buffer or water provides you DNA ready to use for downstream applications.
NucleoSpin Tissue Can Be Used for Various Starting Materials
The NucleoSpin Tissue user manual provides you with a number of support protocols allowing you to use the kit also for other starting materials than cells and tissue. Available support protocols include among others:
- Support protocol for bacteria
- Support protocol for yeast
- Support protocol for dried blood spots (e.g., NucleoCards, FTA® cards, Guthrie cards)
- Support protocol for hair roots
- Support protocol for purification of genomic DNA from insects
- Support protocol for purification of genomic DNA from dental swabs
- Support protocol for purification of genomic DNA from buccal swabs
- Support protocol for purification of genomic DNA from Cyanobacteria
- Support protocol for purification of genomic DNA from Semen